Tuesday 22 December 2009

Sesame Restaurant in G Hotel

As promised in my earlier post, it is now time to review the food that we had at Sesame restaurant. Actually there are 2 restaurants even though there is only one entrance. When you first walked in, the restaurant is known as Soy. You need to walked to the end of the Soy restaurant, and you will see a new area and that is where Sesame is located.

From the Sesame's menu, it is mainly chinese food ala-carte. You need to flip to the end of the menu to go to the set. Of course, the more you flip, the more expensive the set is. The cheapest set is RM68++ per person for 5 course meal. The rest of the set is 6 course meal and the cost range from RM88++ to RM128++ per person. The naming of the set is quite funny though. It is called "Sesame's Tasting Menu". It really gives the impressions that we're doing food tasting for wedding dinner selection :P

Both of us opt for the 6 course meal. But we were so busy eating and talking that I forgotten to take photo on some of the food. Anyway, lets start with the appetizers.

Both appetizers came with 2 items. I ordered Sichuan Chilled Smoked Duck and it came with jelly fish stuffed with tuna mayo, served in japanese cucumber ring.

My hubby ordered Nutmeg Mayo Prawns with seasonal fruit salad and crispy rolls with sesame and tomato salsa. The naming is very long, but we liked the presentation and the taste. Very unique.

Next is the soup. Basically both of us ordered shark fin soup but there are some slight difference in the side ingredients. I personally feels like it still tastes like the normal shark fin soup that we had at expensive chinese restaurants.


OK, I forgot to take photo of the next meal :(, so we'll skip that (psst... mine is baby lobster and it is very nice). Following that is fish. I had grilled cod fish while my hubby had baked tuna. Nothing to shout about for my fish but it is really fresh. My hubby liked his tuna alot because it is cooked the same way as chinese herbal chicken wrapped in tin foil. Since its fish, the meat is juicier. Yum yum...

Again I forgot to take photo (ahhhhh). If I can recall correctly, I think it's rice. Finally it is time for desert. Well, I think it is just a simple desert nicely presented. I ordered green tea tiramisu and it really goes down well with the rest of the food that we had earlier. Not too sweet, just nice. My hubby had Gula Melaka Crème Brulee, but he does not have much comment on this, so I can't really says anything about this.


In summary, the ambience is really nice and the food is great. The waiters and waitresses are very friendly and helpful as well. It is a sure recommendation.

No comments: