Wednesday 16 December 2009

Romantic Evening with Hubby

Since my hubby is such a good dear for buying sooooooo many gifts for me from his recent trip (besides being a good and caring husband), I wanted to treat him to a nice romantic dinner for our wedding anniversary. So, with my sister's help and contact, we booked for dinner at Sesame restaurant at G hotel. Plans were made with the hotel coordinator on the table decorations, menus and a surprise for my hubby ;)

Finally the day came, and I went home earlier from work to get my hair done first (I'm bad at blow-drying my own hair). We left home about 7.15pm but only reached the hotel at 8.10pm due to the bad jam. Both of us were very hungry then.

I mentioned my name when reached the restaurant, and the waiting lady brought us to our table. On the way to our table, few waiters were standing in line and wished us happy anniversary. My husband were already surprised then. Our table were nicely decorated with some rose petals and marble stones neatly arranged on the table. There were a greeting card from the hotel in the middle of the table wishing us happy anniversary as well.

My hubby excuse himself to the restroom first. When he came back, a waiter brought a bouquet of flowers to him. To my surprise, my husband then presented the flowers to me and wished me happy anniversary. It seems that he had arranged for the flowers to be sent to the restaurant earlier as a surprise for me. But how did he knew which place we are going, since I never told him at all until the time we left our house for dinner. Later that night, I found out that he and my sister had been talking to each other as well. Ahh, the little devil... she ended up becoming the middle person for both of our surprises :p

The food is very nice and well presented. My hubby likes their creativity in making and presenting the food. From the menu, it looks like the normal chinese 8-course meal that we usually eat during wedding dinners. But when the food came, my-oh-my, it just got you thinking you're eating some western fine-dining food. Anyway, I'll do a separate post on the food later.

The waiter then brought over my surprise to my husband. It was a blueberry cheesecake, with 4 candles marking our 4th anniversary. We then blew the candles and cut the cake together. But we asked the waiter to pack the whole cake back instead of eating it there, since it is quite late and we still need to pick William up from my mother's place. Back home, I surprised my hubby again with another present. He really had a very big grin on his face that night, and I really enjoyed our evening together :)

No comments: