Tuesday 10 June 2008

Petrol Price Hike Announcement - Traffic Jam

The recent petrol price hike annouced by our government recently really makes the traffic very bad. I've asked around and especially places where there's a petrol station, we are sure to find jams and long queues. My friend on her way back from work, usually reach home at about 15 minutes, only reached her home 2 hrs later as she's stuck in the jam with all the people trying to get their petrol saving for the last time. I was lucky as I left the office early and manage to squeeze through the jam and reach home 1/2 hour later, thanks to the size of my car.

As on the same night I need to go to my parents house to get something, I need to drove a longer route which does not have any petrol stations that can hinder our journey. This is when "lorong" knowledge came in handy.

But if you think rationally, do you think it is worth the time to spent hours in the jam just to save few ringgit (for my car case is RM20 which will finish up easily if "makan ho liao"). Not to forget that your car also consumes petrol as well while waiting for your turn. In Penang where everyone likes to cut queues, imagine the heat and frustrations as well. Mother Earth also took a big impact from all these. Most important is if there are any emergency cases and with all these jams, how can one travel to get the help needed or for the help to arrive?

No comments: