Wednesday 23 September 2009

OXO Restaurant

A group of visitors came to our office for training recently and we took them to have lunch at OXO restaurant, just opposite our office block. The restaurant had opened quite sometime but I never went there to eat before. Each time I wanted to go, my lunch partners will say it is not nice or there is nothing special (they've went there before).

When I walked into the restaurant, the environment is very warm and cosy. It has a very nice ambience and furnishing. In fact, the owner of the restaurant is the same guy that operates Macedoine (previously in Queensbay north zone but had closed down). From the menu, the choice of food are more and the price had increased as well. I guess that's the downside of people upgrading to bigger restaurant, able to handle more crowd and orders, but price will be higher to cater for more workers and operation costs.

I ordered a lunch set that comes with either soup or salad, main course, desert and coffee or tea. It has many choices for main course, and I've selected the one that consists of chicken, lamb and seasoned baby octapus. The portion is bigger compared to previously in Macedoine (I was never full whenever I ate there), but I would feel it is still not enough for big eater. However, the main course is a bit disappointment. The chicken was not tender and the lamb was overcooked. In fact, the only thing that is nice is the garnishing. However, those that ordered other main courses such shrimp and chicken says that it is nice.


In all, I think I would probably revisit the place again for casual meetup thanks to its cosy environment, but it will not be my first choice.
Desert of cake & biscuit

2 comments:

Hugo Lim said...

im just one of the many customers with bad experience there. hahah...

service is simply "astonishing". when the sitting downstair is full, we moved up to upstair since we didnt want to sit outside as its hot that night.

the waiter up there complained that we will be served slow so recommend us to go downstairs instead. ridiculous.

babygirl said...

haha. is it a "fat" waiter? :P