Monday 3 August 2009

Hooray for Breastfeeding

I've went to the World Breastfeeding Week event at USM last Saturday and I would say it was a very enjoyable moment. Some of the video presentations were an eye-opening to me, especially on Breast Crawl. It is a practise where straight after the baby is born, the baby would put on its mother's chest and the baby will instinctively crawl to the mother's breast to feed itself. Miraculously, the baby will not cry and instead, able to move its body and head slowly and steadily toward its food source and is able to latch on properly to feed without any help. Nature and life itself is really a wonderful thing.

In total, there are 360 mothers all over Malaysia breastfeed at the same time. Unfortunately, my William was too excited to look around his new environment too feed properly at that time. He is more interested to see how other baby feeds even though it is his feeding time. Guess seeing all these makes him not feeling hungry anymore :P. There's a newspaper clip on this as well: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/8/2/nation/4442125&sec=nation

Too bad I need to go back early, else I would have enrolled my William in baby crawling contest. Now.... to check on the photos taken posted in Facebook (that is if they already uploaded it)

No comments: