Tuesday 30 June 2009

Bak Kut Teh - Boooo

There's a new restaurant opened in Queensbay mall, claiming to be the "king" of bak kut teh. Few people I've known that had eaten there, most commented that doesn't taste like "bak kut teh" at all. One funny comment was it tasted like pork dipped in black soy sauce soup. However, being curious, I went there for lunch on my own to try it out. I opt for individual meal that comes with "original bak kut teh" with "yau char kuay", 2 appetizers, chinese tea and desert.



There were some customers having meal there as well, but I did not smell any herbs fragrance at all. When my order came, I tried the soup and indeed, there's were totally zero herbs fragrance but there's some slight taste of "bak kut teh" when I drank the soup. The portion was large, I was very full but it was quite a disappointed meal. It was missing one very important factor, nice and strong herbs fragrance. I've tasted even better "bak kut teh" at the hawker stall and at a even cheaper price.

No comments: