Wednesday 2 January 2008

Knitting Project

I came across 2-in-1 knitting kit in Toys R Us store in Queensbay mall and bought it for RM42.9, reason being the kit will guide you how to knit a fashion bag, scarf and also a teddy bear. My husband paid for me during the trip, as he bought other toys for himself as well. I will pretend to forget in paying him back :P


I have not been serious in knitting all these while. The last knit i did was when i was in secondary school when my mother taught me when i was bored to death. But nothing materialized because my hands got tired after a while. Seeing the teddy bear picture on the box really tricked me 2 whole days in knitting.


The instruction book is very confusing for a beginner. It taught you how to make a slip loop in order to start, then following by casting. It was ok upto this step, but as when i start to knit, i noticed that i will end up with a very long tail by the time i start on the 1st row and i recall that when my mother taught me, there's no such long tail. I called my mother on the phone for help, but she was busy perming her hair with a hairdresser and did not answer my call at all. I end up surfing the internet for help, and realise there are 2 method to start knitting. I followed back the style which my mother taught me last time, to save up the yarn. Here's how the teddy suppose to look like from the box:

I ended up something else when i finished:

My husband called it doggie with fat legs. He even purposely tied the arms and legs to make them look fatter :(

No comments: